Monday, January 25, 2010

Notables: "Washingtonian Bride & Groom: Unveiled"

Hello all! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, I know I did! Yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending Washingtonian Bride & Groom: Unveiled, a wonderful wedding showcase here in Washington, DC. The event was fantastic, great food, great drinks, and best of all, great people! So I decided, what could be better for this week's Notables than to introduce you to some of the amazing vendors I met and provide a little wrap-up of all the event's festivities!

Below is a collage of my photo's from the event, please excuse the poor Blackberry-quality photos (it's certainly no iPhone!). I spent a lot of time in the Hitched suite at the event. Hitched is a fabulous bridal salon in the Georgetown that carries some of the best bridal gowns you can find and they hosted some of my favorite DC vendors for the event! Hitched provided the gowns and Maria from Ritzy Bee designed too-stunning-for-words tablescapes around them! Below is my favorite- I couldn't handle my excitement over the bird's nest chargers and the stationery by Simplesong Design. I was also lucky enough to meet photographer Kate Headley (see her stunning photo's below!) and stop by the Design Cuisine champagne bar. The picture of the drink below doesn't even do this delicious champagne cocktail justice: POM, orange juice, peach puree and fresh mint leaves, topped with prosecco!

Amsale herself was at the event to present the Kenneth Pool spring 2010 collection and Ted Gibson (the hairstylist on What Not to Wear and the man responsible for Kate Gosselin's new locks) was there to introduce her, along with Washingtonian Bride & Groom's editor-in-chief, Jill Hudson Neal.


Now take a look at the work by my favorite vendor's of the event!

Maria at Ritzy Bee, a DC event planning company, has a style that I envy... and it's all about the details. She also has one of the top wedding blogs (in my opinion!) with segments such as Vintage Wednesdays (are you excited yet??)

Kate Headley is a fine art wedding photographer who's work was recently chosen as the cover image of the Washingtonian Bride & Groom's newest issue! I picked a few of my favorite shots she's snapped, but be sure check out her blog for the rest!

The Dandelion Patch is a custom stationery company who's style really appealed to me. Every invitation starts from a blank piece of paper, so it certainly is one of a kind and they offer numerous different methods and options!

I've been a fan of Love Life Images for awhile now and was thrilled to meet the photogs behind the unbelievable emotion-capturing pictures (and those great photo booths!). Here's a few of my favorite black and white images from them!

And last but not least is green wedding guru Katie Martin, who's recently launched an online eco-friendly wedding magazine, Eco-Beautiful Weddings. It's a beautiful publication, and she also runs an event planning and floral design company, Elegance & Simplicity, which is environmentally sound as well! Look for more from this e-zine when I host an "Eco-Friendly" week here on Notable Inspiration (details to follow!)

Well, that's a wrap! The Washingtonian sure knows how to throw a great party! It was great putting some faces to the names of companies that I admire and I hope you check out their websites (and blogs!) to learn more!

Coming up later, a preview of tomorrow's eggplant and charcoal color inspiration! Stay tuned!

Aspiring to Inspire,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails