Thursday, March 4, 2010

Etsy Wedding: Shabby Chic at the Beach

I'm headed to the Bahamas on Sunday for a much needed vacation, so of course I've had the beach on my mind. In turn, for today's Etsy Wedding I've brought you a few shabby-chic beach ideas for a fun wedding by the sea!

I love the idea of keeping it neutral for a beach theme. Rather then the typical blues-- I prefer whites, tans, browns and golds. If you must have color, I'd add in a touch of that perfect pink you find on the inside of seashells. I had to use some clear vintage glass bottles for this theme... the mini ones would make a great container for a rolled-up menu at each place setting. A few really beachy details like these amazing sea urchin cufflinks and starfish place cards. Finish off your look (or your bridesmaids!) with a vintage sun hat and complete your reception with rustic signage.

{1. Starfish Kissing Ball by April Hiler Designs, 2. Sea Urchin Cufflinks by Star of the East, 3. Shabby Chic Letter by Signs of Vintage, 4. Pillowcase Dress by The Uptown Baby, 5. Mini Vintage Glass Vials by Hands of Time, 6. Chair Signs by The Back Porch Shoppe, 7. Vintage Medicine Bottles by Johnny Vintage, 8. Engraved Beach Pebbles by sjEngraving, 9. Straw Sun Hat by The Vintage Warehouse, 10. Starfish Place Cards by Timeless Paper}

Aspiring to Inspire,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails