Thursday, April 22, 2010

Etsy Wedding: A Cross Country Road Trip

If you checked out yesterday's post, you already know the inspiration for today's wedding-- Vintage license plates! But, there really is another, more personal source of inspiration for this affair-- the cross country road trip I am going to be taking in about three weeks. Yep, I'm headed out to Los Angeles for the summer and I am driving. The whole way. So I couldn't help myself when I saw that fab license plate picture but to do a little wedding that has a total feeling of a classic, good old road trip across the USA.

{License Plate Photo by City Light Photography}
I really wanted to pull from the plate colors so I used black, white, red and yellow. Black and white for the bride and flower girl, and a little yellow for the bridesmaids. I LOVE these handmade flats too! How fitting are the cufflinks and the subtle tie? This license plate box makes a great ring holder and that vessel is perfect for a few petals. For flowers I would do something TOTALLY unexpected... like black & white anemones. Maybe popped with a few yellow billy balls?

{1. Boutonniere by Lint and Lavender, 2. Dress by Vera Vague, 3. Flower Girl Dress by Olive and Fern, 4. License Plate Box by Lepelstat Crafts, 5. Handmade Red Flats by SMARTFISH, 6. Vase by Gypsy's Caravan, 7. Crochet Headband by Broken Hallelujah, 8. Dress by Homecoming, 9. Map Collage Cufflinks by House of Ismay, 10. Map Tie by Supper Club}

Now, you may look at this reception concept and think, how is that a wedding? No flowers really, and certainly nothing to put them in. Well, for this I would draw from above. Yep, I think it would be so fitting to hang all different vintage license plates (or bike plates, like these) from above and keep the table simple. Maybe serve a family style dinner with old ketchup and mustard bottles. Just sprinkle some dried petals on the tables, or you can absolutely incorporate your choice flowers in some simple glass vessels. Have your guests sign the inside of an old atlas as your guest book and incorporate a map into your stationery, somehow. Take it to the next level by using street signs (one way, stop, yield) to direct your guests throughout the day!

{1. Road Photo by Dragonfly Photography, 2. Invitations by Emarsden13, 3. Vintage Drawer by Bird-in-Hand, 4. Vintage Bike Plates by Sunny Day Vintage, 5. Save the Date Map by DIY Paperie, 6. Ketchup and Mustard Bottles by Eclectic Miami, 7. Red Luggage by Seaglass Vintage, 8. One Way sign by Lackluster Co., 9. Dried Petals by Pleasant Hedges, 10. Vintage Atlas by Vintage Surplus}

Aspiring to Inspire,

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Super creative and outside the box Kelly, I am super impressed today! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of these vintage items in a wedding! Thanks again for the feature! xx
    If you are ever interested in doing a giveaway, message me on Etsy and I'd love to offer it to your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very clever! I'm excited for you, your trip will be life changing! I worked on a novel for a month in LA in the dead of winter, it was very inspiring. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you in LA! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails