Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Color Inspiration: Black, White and Moss

I'm so so so in love with this post today, if I do say so myself. Like I said in the preview, black and white is one of my all time favorite combos but I've been resisting using it until now! I just couldn't hold out any longer so here is an elegant black, white and moss green wedding with a few homey touches to stay true to Notable Inspiration style!

I just had to throw in Ms. Vera Wang's latest collection for this concept. As you all will come to know, she is hands down, no-question, my favorite bridal designer of all time. The gowns she puts on that runway are out-of-this-world gorgeous and undeniably divine and just about every one of her scrumptious creations is in my own wedding book (Yes, think Monica's wedding book from Friends) for when my turn down the aisle rolls around. Vera tangent over, I chose this beautiful little number with layers and layers of tulle and pleats and lace (and really anything feminine you can imagine), topped with a black bow to truly make a statement. In my research, I came across Quail Bridal and fell in love with their custom bridesmaid dresses. This black silk and organza mini is so flirty and fun, and totally wearable post-wedding for your girls! A little J. Crew jewelry, simple tuxes for the men, and a moss ring pillow and your about to walk down the aisle in elegance (while having a little fun, of course)!

{1. Flower Girl Shot via Victoria Pearson, 2. Bridesmaid Dress by Quail Bridal, 3. Groom Shot by Jose Villa, 4. Moss Ring Bearer Pillow by Romancing Juliet Bridal via Etsy, 5. Bouquet via Martha Stewart Weddings, 6. Vera Wang Gown via Coutorture, 7. J. Crew Necklace, 8. Shoe Shot by Anna Kuperberg}

For this reception I've coupled sophisticated elegance with a few backyard-wedding touches. Who ever said you can't have an elegant reception in your backyard? I love the idea of using chalkboards to direct your guests and hanging pendant lamps above your tables (this one is pricy but there are a ton of DIY alternatives out there)! Moss makes a great backdrop for your tasteful place cards and add more to your tables to anchor your floral arrangements (I suggest using only black and white). For favors, hire a silhouette artist to cut profiles out of paper for all your guests. Simple and personalized. Choose a streamline cake with a pop of green and display it on a vintage table or desk alongside an alternative style guest book. (Check out more alternatives here!) Voila! Sophistication meets backyard-chic.
{1. Guest Book Alternative via Martha Stewart Weddings, 2. Table Set-Up Shot by Morten Holtum via Busy Being Fabulous, 3. Silhouette Shot by Jose Villa via Design*Sponge, 4. Display Shot via Busy Being Fabulous, 5. Place cards by A Bryan Photo via Style Me Pretty, 6. Cake by Sweet and Saucy & Shot by Jasmine Star Photography via Grace Ormonde, 7. Green Teapot by Vintage Scraps via Etsy, 8. Pendant Lamp by Ameico via Remodelista, 9. Chalkboard Sign Shot by Millie Holloman via Weddings Unveiled, 10. Place Card Decor by Julie Atwood Events & Shot by Anna Kuperburg via 100 Layer Cake}

Aspiring to Inspire,

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Kelly!! This is gorgeous. You are so my style, keep it coming. XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails