Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Color Inspiration: Saffron and Goldenrod

It's a busy week here in DC for me so I've condensed this lovely color palette in to one to-die-for inspiration board. I made paella a few weeks ago and ever since I have been wanting to use the delicious saffron color in a wedding palette... and what color better to pair it with then the beautiful golden yellow color it produces? Yes, it's a saffron and goldenrod palette on this fine Tuesday!

My favorite element of this board is the bridesmaid look from Etsy's Sarah Seven. It may just be my favorite 'maid look I've featured. And that beautiful bouquet of maroon and raspberry hued flowers, popped with yellow poms, what a great contrast! Dress your tables in amber glasses and goldenrod blooms.. and for drinks? Can you say, sangria? What better a drink for a Spanish inspired color palette! I had to throw in a few vintage elements, like this wagon and retro bike. Finish it off with my all time favorite, red velvet cake and for favors, perfectly hued jam. I know, we're mixing cultures and decades here, but isn't that what weddings are all about? This is one color palette you won't see at every click of your wedding-surfing mouse.

{1. Bike Shot via Style My Pretty, 2. Jam by Bovine Bubbles via Etsy, 3. Red Velvet Cake via Houston Wedding Blog 4. Bridesmaid Look by Sarah Seven via Etsy, 5. Flower Girl Dress by Janie and Jack,  6. Drink Shot by Karen Wise via Grey Likes Weddings, 7. Wagon Shot by Mimmo + Naz via Style Me Pretty, 8. Table Shot via Perfectly Put Together, 9. Bouquet Shot by You Look Nice Today via Ruffled, 10. Mercury Glass Centerpiece by Flores Del Sol via Etsy, 11. Yellow Shoes Shot by Two Pair Photography via Ruffled}

Aspiring to Inspire,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails